Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week #11.........I was in the right place at the right time!




Family and friends,

Missionary life gets better and better haha. Every day is super busy teaching a ton of lessons so I’m getting pretty good at that. This week was really good. We were able to baptize another new member into the church, which was cool. Another cool story, yesterday was P-day and we played basketball and soccer and then at 5 we need to continue missionary stuff. My companion asks me where I think we should go and I pointed left.  So that is where we went. We come into contact with a little boy crying hysterically and his grandma was crying as well. SO…. we asked if we could help in anyway and we found out that this little boys sister had passed away 8 days earlier and this morning that little boys dad was in a car accident and passed away. We then proceeded to teach the plan of salvation. I shared my story of dad and they were really appreciated the message and it was way spiritual. (Mom it was cool because remember when dad passed away those missionaries that visited us. I felt like that and it was awesome) Anyway 5 minutes after the lesson I knocked on a random door and this girl answers looks at me and starts balling. (I know I’m ugly but come on) She later tells us, she is a less active and prayed last night for the first time in forever. And she asked God for an answer and that night we showed up at her door. Anyway pretty cool day huh.

 

Okay time for some funny stuff. People love giving us food. It usually gross, like I would rather starve than eat the items presented or way delicious, with no in between. Anyway after a lesson, a member family come out with a drink (all drinks in Guatemala are hot, sooooo weird.) Anyway I looked at it and I was like oh hot chocolate I can deal with that. I was kind of right. Hot chocolate but with RICE..... RICE... who in their right mind puts rice in hot chocolate. It’s called arroz con leche and its soooo nasty. …But you have to eat the stuff they give you or they won’t feed you again so I pounded this textures slimy hot chocolate in 4 seconds and I wanted to die. hahahahah so funny. Well I’m not sure what else to write about but I’m doing great and loving the mission 

 

Dios le bendiga (God Bless you!)

Elder Peacock


Jake's First Baptism




Elder Ballesteros - Elder Peacock




No comments:

Post a Comment