Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week #9 ..........Be Ambitious and get out there!


Family and Friends,

First of all THANKS for all the emails of support this week.  I have well over 100 emails this week and I’m sorry if you do not receive a reply from me, but I will get through all of them as soon as possible. This is so awesome!!! Now that I’m crying in an attic in Guatemala I can tell you the crazy events of this week.  First off our baptism backed out because she back on the booze, that was a stab through the heart but hopefully we get her back on track soon. Speaking of stab, my companion thought it would be funny to stab my shoulder with a knife while in Antigua. It was dull but it hurt, I was ready to throw him through a wall. I’m fine though it only bled for like 5 minutes and its super small and I cleaned it out good. So we went to Antigua, Guatemala this week for p-day, it is pretty cool cobble stone roads and a bunch of white people so that was fun. Mom, I met people from Eagle River, Alaska. We went to a museum and it was a rock museum soooo boring but whatever. ha-ha I took some cool pictures though.

So mom sent me sheets and I have never been happier to get sheets in my life. I get eaten alive by bugs here and it’s the worst.

So my companion has been driving me up a wall lately he preaches out of the wrong bible. Like is only the New Testament and it’s not the King James Version so I tried to show him a bunch of faults in that bible but he insists it has the same message. But it’s not true our bible is complete so why not use it... and he refuses to shower. And he says swear words in English. And I’m so glad this change is almost over. And he hates the way I teach, I use different ways and joke with the little kids and he hates it. I’m trying to kill the kid with kindness.

Spiritual thought - I really loved conference and the talk I liked best was by Kazujiko Yamashita. He told us to be ambitious in Christ, what a good reminder as missionaries and just people in general, don’t just worship, don’t just believe, be ambitious and get out there and make a difference. So funny story we were knocking doors and I yelled Buenos, that’s how you knock on a house with no door. And a lady came out told me she hated me because I was white and that Mormons are devils, but I learned that my job as a missionary is just to teach to the best of my ability to those that will listen to my message and the rest is up to them and the Lord.

Anyway I know this week is going to be tough for my family and me..... but we are strong and with Christ nothing is impossible to overcome, We Got This!!! 

Love you all. Thanks for everything and have a great week.

Elder Peacock











Jake and one of his BFF's from the CCM Elder 


Jake
Jake and his BFF's from the CCM Elder Miles and Elder Marler

Jake and His Trainer
Jake does not look good with long hair...LOL
Jake and Elder Marler





No comments:

Post a Comment