Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week #12 ........Walking mock 90 and listening to the spirit!

         So this week was super good. We just worked hard all week and time flew by. I finished my first change in the field super quick huh. I am staying in El Tejar 6 more weeks with Elder Ballesteros, which is awesome because I am learning a lot and we are having success. So I am way excited to get back at it. To be honest nothing crazy happened this week, we have 6 progressing investigators and hopefully we will start seeing baptisms in the coming weeks. So here in Guatemala when it hits like 70 degrees, everybody acts like we are going to freeze to death and go into an ice age. I’m in a short sleeve shirt and sweating like nobody’s business. Everybody has winter coats on haha super funny. We are teaching this family and there are canche (white) and it makes me feel good about myself haha. I seriously look in the mirror and I’m shocked how white I am. But not this week because during P-day we played soccer all day and I now have a gnarly sunburn, so now I fit in a little better. But really during P-day we played soccer all day and as you see below I’m way good at the futbol. haha no but legit I scored a goal. So that was a highlight. I’m doing really good and loving life. I sent you some live action shots of me dunking sick huh. Anyway the church is true. I feel the truthfulness everyday and it’s awesome.

Spiritual thought - We were walking at mock 90 like always and I had this feeling super strong, my heart was beating out of my chest and I just had to turn around and knock on this door. (Aluminum sheet) So I told my companion to come with me and I knocked on this door.  A guy comes to the door, and tells us he had been to church before in Honduras but had to move before his missionary lessons were over. His name is R and he is way cool. So from this experience I learned the importance of following the spirit. If i wouldn’t have, who knows if this guy would of found the church in this life. But its not only important in missionary work its important in everything, listen to the spirit. If you are having trouble recognizing the spirit ask yourself one question - is this feeling a good feeling does it lead to a good action. If yes its the spirit because all good things come from God.

Also we eat soup everyday, which is weird because it’s so hot! I asked why we eat hot food on hot days and the answer was, if your insides are hot your outside wont feel as hot hahahahah - what on earth logic is this. Its so false it just makes me want to die of sweat. haha Anyway that’s all I got.

Love you guys, have a good week, and thanks for the emails I love hearing from you.

Love Elder Peacock

AKA Ronaldo

Futbol Life




Jake and his district


Elder Peacock and Elder Ballesteros




No comments:

Post a Comment