Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week #13......Bury All Temptations!



Hey Family and Friends,
What’s good in the states? This week was soo cool. We found three cool families and they are all progressing. We have 12 possibilities for baptism this change. So hopefully we are able to utilize the spirit and get these guys in the water.  Other than life as a missionary, there are 4 volcanoes (3 active that surround the area of Chimal and one of them exploded. It was so cool, big ole lava and ash everywhere but it is the furthest one from us. I couldn’t get a picture and we were safe…. don’t worry mom. This P-day we played soccer again and I still suck and I still don’t like soccer. But it was good to get my butt kicked again Haha.  On Monday the sisters went to the hospital for something but when they came back their bus broke down in our area so we sprinted from one side of the area to the other to help these sisters find a way home, it was interesting. I am starting to see progress in my Spanish so that make me excited.
 It was actually cold this week, which I’m fine with.  We ate some way good food such as dog soup with lovely bland tortillas hahaha.  We think it was dog because it was really weird and the guy told us it was dog in a joking voice but we don’t think he was kidding.
Spiritual thought of the week - we were contacting and I decided to man up and contact this group of dudes who looked kind of scary. I invited them to church and asked if we could share a message, one of them had a beer and we explained in order to receive happiness in this life it’s vital we maintain our bodies clean and right then and there he dumped out his beer and he is now a progressing investigator. So it’s so important for us to be willing to drop everything and bury all temptation like the anti-Nephi -Lehi’s and follow our Savior. But haha one more funny thing whenever I see a guy drinking in a nice voice I say stop drinking beer in English usually they are just confused and say gracias but one dude spoke English and called me some bad words haha
I’m doing so great, Love you all have a great week,
Elder Peacock

Elder Peacock and his district on Halloween with vampire teeth that I sent them


Tienda (store) that are everywhere!



Elder Peacock in El Tejar




No comments:

Post a Comment