Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week #14 .........Doing the will of God!

Hey Family and Friends-

This week was super good…so here’s a summary of the days

Nov 1 
Today was a huge celebration it’s the day after Halloween, and everyone is drunk and parties. Its a tradition on this day to eat this food called fiambre its a salad of meat and I hated it real bad hahaha. Also, everyone flies kites or barilets…. like the whole city flies these huge kites its way cool. I hate this platanos with chile chocolate, which was really gross too. Today was good because we meet a new guy named E and he seems super positive.

Nov 2 
This family of members gave us food today and its so delicious as always. These guys are name E and J and they have 3 kids and a nephew that live with them in this little house, they are awesome and invite us over to FHE every week. During lunch, I said the prayer and one of the kids was in the other room and he had this speaker on full blast playing baby got back (I like big Butts) haha during my prayer. That was sooooo funny. Today was so cool because we meet another family!!!!! J and B, they we really receptive and seem awesome.

Nov 3
I had divisions with elder Clavo in his area Sumpango he is from Peru and I enjoy this kid. Sumpango is a really tough area; we meet a lot of their converts and visited mostly members. It rained harder that anything I’ve seen in my life and the soles of my shoes the inside part both came out because they were so wet, but this day was fun.

Nov 4
Today I went back in El Tejar which is good….. because I am a big fan of my area. But it sucked because we met with our investigator E who we met with a few days back and he’s puro cabra (he doesn’t want anything) so that was sucky but we didn’t let that get us down. Them we meet with the new family B and J. We knocked on the door J answered and she said she couldn’t listen to us anymore because her husband threatened her. But this was hard because she told us the night before she received some answers - The BOM is true, so we will do everything we can to meet with her.

Nov 5
Today we had baptismal interviews in the other 2 areas in the district. Since my companion is District Leader, so I go with him and wait while he has these meetings. The zone leaders did splits with us today and I went with elder Osorio and we went to Sumpango for interviews. I love that kid so much haha so cool. Other than that we contacted for hours today and got nowhere but we are praying to find a family to teach.

Nov 6
We put a bunch of work in today; I gave a blessing to our friend and convert J. it was super spiritual and my Spanish was super good during the blessing. We didn’t find a family but we had 7 news and a bunch of other appointments too, so this day was great. We also had a sleepover at the zone leaders house because we are going to Lago Atitlan tomorrow 

Nov 7.
Today was so cool, we woke up at 3 to got to this lake that is supposedly the waters of Mormon. …so cool. This lake was beautiful. It is huge and has a massive volcano on the shore. In this area the people do not speak Spanish only Sutuil, it’s so nuts but so cool the elders there speak Sutuil too.

Spiritual thought. 
Obedience’ doing the will of God
It is so vitally important to be obedient; we need to do everything in our power to be obedient. Because only through obedience can we be truly happy and receive everything our Father has. So as a missionary I’m trying to be obedient always and I encourage you guys to do the same. 

I am doing so great and having a blast. Its a little cold right now but its so pretty!

I love you guys have a good week

Vaika (Addios in sutiul) 


Elder Peacock

Waters of Mormon


Avocados

Sumpango


Jake and Elder Ballesteros





No comments:

Post a Comment