Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week #23 .........Follow the spirit!

Hello Family and Friends –

I will be honest this week was really boring but we found 24 new investigators….so that was good. I fell on p-day perfectly on my knee and man it split open and started to ooze out blood.  I do not like the site of blood so threw up 8 times in an hour.... LOL. A quick visit to the hospital and 6 stitches later... all better. WOW- I have to tell you about a miracle that happened yesterday. We have been getting this impression all week to visit this one member in particular, we usually visit him a bunch but for some reason we haven’t in a while. I told my companion that we needed to go visit him. We were sooo far away from his house but he agreed so we started the speed walk to his house. This guy is super faithful and the nicest coolest dude in the world. He is diligent in his church callings and served a full time mission. So we usually go over there and share the coolest lessons. We rang his doorbell and nothing happened, 6 times later we decided to call so we called his number, and he answered his door. He looked awful like physically sick, tired, and sad. I walked in and gave him a big ole hug (like usual) and he said "you guys don’t know do you" we said no super confused like, he told us that his wife on his birthday the day after Christmas left him. Robbed all of his stuff and is now living with an x-missionary. We felt so bad, my heart hurt for this man. I felt sadder than I have felt in a long time. We proceeded to listen to him and offer words of encouragement and read the scriptures. He asked for a blessing, the first one he has received after this incident and it was so spiritual. He then took us to his room, which had nothing in it but a pistol. He said do you see that pistol I was about to use it to do some very bad things, but then my phone rang…. I think I broke some rules Mom, but I proceeded to pick up the pistol and unload it and make sure he couldn’t do anything bad. WOW I am glad that we followed the prompting of the spirit and went to this dudes house. We are going to start visiting him every day.

Spiritual thought - Follow the spirit, it is literally directions from God that he trusts us with. We need to listen to it even if we aren’t sure why.

Love,

Elder Peacock

PS I’m probably going to get transferred this week… so pray that I have a good companion and can pack my bags good. (IDK why I’m so dang worried about the dumb bags) but I will email to you Wednesday not Tuesday!

Peace out from El Tejar!!!!!!!!! I think....




Jake all smiles - no pain!
Jake acting like he is in tons of pain and that he might need some attention...LOL

All better, stitched up and ready to go back out into the world

Hopefully this is the one and only visit to the hospital so he needed a picture of it.

UTAH Plates are always great to see.

OUCH! 



No comments:

Post a Comment