Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week #37 .....Hottest string of 7 days by body has experienced!

Hey Family and Friends,

This week was the hottest string of 7 days my body has experienced.... ever. It’s stupidly hot here on the coast and we passed through the craziest weirdest week of my life. Semana Santa is a catholic holiday that celebrates the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The people really really really aren’t in the mood to listen to the crazy Mormons during this week. Oh btw all of the transportation shuts down for three straight days so you are straight up stuck in your area. I had to go do interviews for baptism with the sisters so we straight up walked from my area to the area of the sisters.... Then the lady didn’t pass her interview so that sucked. Then we walked back and arrived in the area at 9 o clock at night (we left at 6 am that morning) it was straight up one of the longest days ever because we walked through a jungle to get to an area like 1 hour away on bus hahahaha we were so tired after this day LOL but it was defiantly an experience I’ll never forget. Other than that it was a long week because nobody and I mean nobody was in town, everyone went to the beach.

My mom is asking for cultural information so here I go.... Guatemala is either really hot or you need a jacket there is no medium hot. If its cold everybody will eat hot soup which is super good, if its hot outside everybody will eat hot soup which is much less delicious when the sweat off my head is dripping into my soup because its too hot. Everybody is either catholic or some sort of evangelical. But for the most part the people are nice but are super small. Everybody has the dream to speak English and go live in the states. Here in the coast the houses usually don’t have floors; they are usually dirt floors with bamboo houses, or scrap metal. In the capital and in some parts of the mountains the people have a little more money and are more educated. Usually the people who live in the coast cannot read nor write and the Spanish isn’t Spanish its just a bunch of made up words that don’t exist in a dictionary… that’s Guatemala for you.

Spiritual Thought-Mathew 20 the parable of the workers. (I don’t know what its called in English I think this is it) This is so cool, Jesus is always just and will give us what is right according to our works. So, is what we want in accordance with they way we live???

I Love You guys, have a happy week!!!



Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment