Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week #38.....2 Nephi 14...Two types of people...who are you?


Hey Family and Friends,

This week was hot and rainy to make it better we have no electricity so we are straight up red necking everything… its pretty funny. This week we worked super hard and had a bunch of investigators that are progressing. None of them made it out to church which kind of stings sometimes. The church is in a place called Santa Barbara and its super small like 4 streets with 7 houses each street. Where we proselyte is in a place called El Esfuerzo, it’s 1 hour away in moto taxi and charges 15 quetzales (2 dollars) and we always have so much success there but the people have families of like 8 kids so its so expensive to go to church that they just cant. That’s why the people never go to church here, that is what makes this area kind of tricky. We are in good spirits and we know that ningun esfuerzo que hacemos es en vano.(for those that do not speak Spanish Jake said “any effort we make is vain”)

There are some days that I know that my Dad is just laughing at me so hard. haha like the other day I legit pulled a Mario I slipped on a banana peel and fell. I landed wearing my white shirt in dog poop. LOL.. Good times. Sometimes things that I would of got way mad or angry at when I was home make me just laugh because I legit live in the jungle…I wear church clothes and hiking boots everyday… haha. The Spanish in this area is super bad because it’s mixed with a native language of Katchiquel. But hey I love the mission its the weirdest coolest most fun hard thing I’ve ever done!

Spiritual Thought 2 Nephi 14- And now, my sons, I speak unto you these things for your profit and learning; for there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon…. There are two types of people those that act and those who are acted upon. Who are you????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAGE AND DAD!!!!!!

I love you guys!
Peace 

Elder Peacock

Jake with Saquick family wishing Sage Happy 15th Birthday

Elder Peacock and Elder Vivas

Elder Peacock with Family Saquick son Keni and Daughter Dulce

Elder Peacock with Keni and Dulce

Elder Peacock and Keni

Elder Peacock and Keni

No comments:

Post a Comment