Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Week #93....EJPS Unforgettable Missionary Moments #8


Hello,

This week has been great and we are working hard. We have been super tired these last few weeks, but being tired isn’t the worst thing that could happen. 

#8 EJSP Unforgettable Missionary Moment

DAY 1
I remember my first full day in the mission like it was yesterday. I remember leaving the Guatemala MTC at 2 am and going to transfers. While on the bus the secretaries of the mission had us practice contacting on the bus. So one by one we got up and shouted all 10 words I knew. I said Jesus Christ lives and loves you and sat down because that’s all I knew how to say haha. Any way we got to transfers and I meet my companion. Elder huaman. Coming in at 5 feet tall all the way from the Peruvian jungle. We then proceed to our area in Jocotillo, it was a 3 hour bus ride from the mission home. I had my backpack and two large overly packed bags. (Looking back on it I didn’t use half of the stuff that I came here with.) We went to the "bus stop" I put the quotes because buses here don’t stop. And I threw my bags on top got on the bus and started to contact, and preceded to say Jesus’s Christ loves and lives you. Not a great start but hey it got a laugh out of the people. When we got to Jocotillo it was raining. My companion and I were soaked and so were my bags! We dropped my bags off and went to do what I came here for. Teach repentance and baptize converts. As we left I remember I said probably the most potent prayer ever. It went something like this; Father, I Love you, please help me. Amen haha!... but really that started the longest day of my life. As we talked to people I understood nothing. Just knew that they were laughing at me. One of my first visits I used charades to ask questions. That day changed my life. Wet, Confused and frankly lost, but I knew that I, Jake Peacock had been called by a prophet of the Lord to come and serve in this beautiful country and that was good enough for me!


I love you all!

Elder Peacock

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete