Thursday, August 18, 2016

Week 2..... It isn't my 2 years, it's the Lords.....

Wow, another crazy week. 

The ccm is pretty small about 100 people i am ready for the older kids to leave because they suck. The actual ccm building is nice but soooo small. There are 4 companionships in my room 3 others and I, 2 of the others are in my district. Across the street there is a club that blast music every night but it like music I know like its usually Hannah Montana or Uptown Funk. ha-ha they love that here. The other side of the ccm there is a shell gas station and then the temple. It only takes us 30 seconds to get there. I wish I could send you pictures because I really cannot explain… it is really just so pretty. Guatemala is so green with trees, hills and mountains. There are tall cool looking buildings everywhere. The people all drive these way old school busses that the US donates and the paint them all sorts of sick colors. Out the window of our district class room you can see the temple….it is so pretty. The gym is outside and it is two basketball courts and volleyball net. There is a huge net over the top of us and they say its so the balls stay in the court but we think that it is so people don’t throw things at us. The cafeteria has 10 fold up tables and the lifetime hard chairs that Dad loved haha….and the most uncomfortable things in the world. For breakfast everyday we eat beans and eggs. I refuse to eat them because the first time I did they were worse than vegetables so that’s saying something. So I eat cereal that I have never heard of but it better than the beans haha. Lunch is the best meal of the day, its usually great food and it comes with Guatemala ice cream idk why but the stuff is awesome. They have these amazing drinks here, mango, orange, papaya, and my favorite limeade, (Mom Sage and Sadi you would love it) Dinner is okay but its usually tortillas and rice so it gets boring. All the North Americans (that is what the Latinos call us because they think central America is its own continent) hate it. They ran out of limeade on Thursday, I went and talked to the president because we are tight (I will explain more later) so we got it back. So days are long but weeks fly by Sundays are great we have them in the ccm I gave the opening talk in Spanish it was good…. I think. P days are sweet; we go to the temple and to a market that’s like 1 mile away. I bought this MT Dew and it was seriously just sprite in a MT Dew can. It was 5 quetzals like 80 cents. Then we write and play sports till 6. Our teacher are sweet, Hermano Cate and Hermana Moralis. We tell them English tongue twisters and they slaughter them haha so funny. We are teaching new investigators me and my new companion kill it. We do not have to use our notes and we can answer all their questions all in Spanish. Oh yeah my old companion went home which I was secretly happy about because I would do everything and he would not help, especially in lessons. My new companion is Elder Horning from West Point Utah. He is way cool but he’s a Utah fan so I hate him haha jk. So that why I know the president good because E. O. my old companion would talk to him all day everyday till he went home on Thursday so I know the president good and he always gives me candy for waiting. I love it here. The days are so boring we sit in a class all day and get fat….Nothing to report on there. So mom when we stopped in El Salvador we just filled up the plane with gas and took the same plane to Guatemala, so no train.

It hit my hard this week that the work we do is the most incredible work ever. We are 18-year-old kids in a different country speaking a different language teaching the most important message this world has ever known. I’ve been working hard this week to remember this isn’t my two years its the Lords so I need to get out of the way and put my head down and get to work for my savior. Love all of you guys, thanks for all the love and support I love emails and letters. They make my days better.


Love,

Elder Peacock




No comments:

Post a Comment