Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week #4 .........Get me out of the CCM.....I am ready for the field

This week was pretty cool. A lot more of the same ole same I'll be honest I’m ready to get to the field. I learned a lot this week but I feel my CCM potential is maxed out and now I just have to learn in the field. So some funny and cool things happened this week. I was going up the stairs and my buddy Elder Miles jumped the fight of stairs in three steps and he goes Peacock bet you cant do it in two, and I can’t just not try so I tried for the stair jump in two steps and I kid you not I hit my left big toe so hard I think its busted and its black and blue and been swollen for a week…. so that was funny. On Sunday I blessed the sacrament in church in Spanish and i got done look at president for approval and he told me I need to roll my “r’s” on a word for it to count so I did it again and it still couldn’t do it so he just let it go… hahaha so funny. In sacrament we sang the song Joseph Smiths first prayer to the tune of Come Thou Fount and we did it in Spanish and it had everyone in tears including president. We have a devotional tonight and we will sing it for a 70. Also we practice with the Latinos now because we can usually understand them and we teach lessons not in comps just individually and I taught a lesson about the plan of salvation to a Latino and had her in tears because she said it was way good. So that was cool. Some of the new kids are struggling a bit with homesickness and Spanish so every night I go in their rooms and just talk to them and comfort them and it makes me feel way good like I’m actually helping. One day our teacher was sick so we were able to go place more BOMs so that was cool. There is a district here speaking Qéqchi and the hymnbook in that language is Eb´Li Bích and it sounds like the call us a really bad word but oh man is it funny hahahah. Anyway I’m having a blast I’m healthy and happy I hope you all had a good week of school and work

Love you guys a ton, thanks for the support 

Love,

Elder Peacock

Oh …..spiritual thought I’m going to start these now.

The gospel is so simple that a child can understand, but there is so much depth that you can study for a lifetime and not know everything. I have found this to be true here in Guatemala. We are taught to teach investigators as simply as possible yet I can open up the scriptures and read something I had read a million times and always find a new meaning. I love reading the scriptures. I encourage all of you weather you have been lifelong member or converts. Read the scriptures daily and try to find a new meaning each time you search the scriptures. I have a testimony of the scriptures and especially the Book of Mormon and I hope that it can have an influence in your lives.

Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment