Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week #5.......Be Faithful and the Blessing will come in Abundance

What’s up my peeps?
This week was pretty fantastic but let me start with the best story… so you all thought I was going to go a week without knowing the score to the BYU game... hahaha your funny. So Saturday sucked I got homesick but not for my family just Taysom, Tanner, and Jamal. So it was Sunday and I go up to the president and ask him is he knows how the BYU game went, he says he did. I was like well tell me, and it was fast Sunday so he said if you bear your testimony in perfect Spanish I will tell you the score. …. Then that’s a deal. So I stood up there and did 3 minutes of flawless Spanish because I was going to find out how that game went. So ha jokes on him,. So he told me and I got a little giddy because of the results and I proceeded to freak out a bit, but I regained composure shortly. hahaha This week has been sooooo rainy, like insanely so that’s cool, the rain is so warm here. My companion and I are getting good at teaching. We made our teacher who is also our investigator cry because she felt the spirit so strong. I can understand Spanish pretty good and but my respond however is extremely simply. There are only 2 district that have been here 5 weeks and we are good friends with them, so we mess around with them…. we have these water bottles and we take off the lids and hurry and flip them over upside down and put them on their desks, and they don’t ever know how to get them off …haha so they spill all over themselves. They are cool kids and they have fun with it. So during the downpour one night I was balling up as usual and i came down and rolled my ankle pretty good and hyper extended my knee. That hurt haha but the swelling is going down now so I’m good…. mom.

A spiritual thought for you guys this week is Ether 12 - I love this chapter, it talks about faith and needing to show our faith before God blesses us. I love how it talks about how only after faith was the brother of Jared able to move the mountain, and if he had not of had that faith the mountain wouldn’t have moved. So I encourage all of you to read this chapter and try and be more faithful in your lives. Don’t look for blessings then be faithful - be faithful and the blessings will come in abundance.

Love all you guys so much! Have a great week
#GO COUGS

Love Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment