Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week #8........Blessings in English and Spanish, new investigators, and lots of fried chicken.

Hello Family and friends,

What a week I had this week….From blessings in English, to blessings in Spanish, to sweet new investigators, to a dead guy, and lots of fried chicken. Let me start off with the blessings. The first one was for a way sick little girl. I gave that one in English because she was only 6 months old so I felt more confortable in English. The next blessing was in Spanish for a dude who got shot 3 times and had flesh wounds from an axe. He got shot and a crazy guy hit him with an axe so we gave him a blessing. I said it in Spanish and have no clue what I said but I think it was good because I felt the spirit a bunch. Next…. we have 10 awesome new investigators and we hope to start baptizing them all soon, so stay tuned for next week. Every 4th week we have combined church with three other little branches in our district. It is a 2 hour bus ride down a winding dirt road mountain…. so nuts. On our way to church we see this car hit a motorcycle head while riding the bus and the bike exploded and the guy died….it was so sad. After church we hit a dog and killed it again ….way sad. I kid you not in Jocotillo there are more stray dogs than people and fried chicken...... I love the stuff just as much as the next guy but eating the stuff everyday gets real old. There is 2 tiendas (stores) in Jocotillo and one place to eat. The place is called Pinulito and it sells two things; chicken and fries. Its good but I really hate that place. You will see in the pictures that I’m not smiling; it is because I hate pinulito. hahahahaha anyway here in Jocotillo we do hand wash our laundry with dirty water, and I swear the clothes come out dirtier and stinker than originally. It rains everyday, all day so when we get home we are already soaked and the rain is cleaner than the water we shower in, so we kind of just shower outside. haha well I shower my companion isn’t a huge fan of the whole clean thing. On P-day this week I woke up mopped the floors put up our bug nets because I get eaten alive and did laundry. I’m learning how to be patient here in Guatemala, my companion is pretty mean but I’m learning to be friends with the spirit and just be kind to him no matter what.

Spiritual thought- people here in Guatemala drive for hours and hours to get to church just to eat a piece of bread and drink some water. But sacrament is so much more than that, and I’ve learned to appreciate that here, the santa cena (sacrament) is so important every week because we renew our baptismal covenants. So next time you partake of the sacrament think of the sacrifices made by the Savior to allow us to make sacred covenants.

Have a great week and Thanks for all the sweet emails,


Love,
Elder Peacock



I do not like Pinulito...I eat it everyday.


Jake and his trainer

Riding on the side of the bus








No comments:

Post a Comment