Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week #7 .........Jocotillo dirt roads and crowded busses.

Dear Family and Friends

What a week. I can put no words to describe anything about Jocotillo. The best way to describe it is camping with church clothes and people you don’t know whom you can’t communicate with. haha wow good ole Jocotillo. Its 100% dirt roads and shack houses. Dogs everywhere. Most of them are missing a limb or are hurt because the people here abuse the dogs, super sad. My companion is all right; he is a good missionary as far as teaching goes. He teaches well but as far as a person he doesn’t talk to me or answer my questions. He’s the district leader so I always have to go to meetings with him, but I’m cool with it because the more it sucks now the more blessings I will get later on.

Yesterday was P- day and we played soccer... I’m awful at soccer against white kids back home; you have no idea how stupid I look playing against Latinos. They always want me to punch the other team because that’s all they think I’m good for haha. As far as Spanish goes I’m real bad but better than last week. I’m getting a little better at teaching and understanding, unfortunately most of the people have no teeth so its hard to understand them let alone their language Some gross stuff... so here in Guatemala you cannot flush toilet paper because it clogs all the water for the whole city. So we have a garbage bag of used toilet paper haha so freaking gross. There are so many huge spiders its stupid. They are tarantula sized and there are a million of them. Also people here will just breast feed there children whenever and in front of everybody so I was a little taken back by that haha Guatemala is definitely different. Also the pineapple here is the BEST food I’ve had ever. I don’t even like pineapple and I eat one a day by myself.

So to get from one area to another we ride public busses with 4 people a seat haha, it is nuts and we contact on busses so it’s real crazy. The seats are way small, I kid you not the Latinos are getting squashed and I don’t even attempt to sit because my knees touch my forehead when I do. I just stand and duck my head because my head hits everything here. Funny story, in stalls at public bathrooms I have to be careful because I can see right over the stall.

We meet a family this week the mom is 33 and has 11 kids. 11!! That’s like a butt load of flipping kids. Anyway they wanted nothing to do with us just like most people here. Most people in Jocotillo own there own church, so people don’t love us. There is a few exceptions, with a few families. There is one family 3 sisters who have 4 kids a piece and a grandma. They love us an are progressing, but we need these people to get married before they have more kids so they can get baptized, so please pray for them to feel the spirit.

Spiritual thought  - Why is keeping commandments important??? because God commands them. Sometimes a commandment might seem crazy or you don’t know why, but it’s vitally important that we keep commandments no matter what. They are there for a reason to protect you and for you to show your faith to your Heavenly Father. “We love God because he first loved us.” I know this to be true God wants us to be happy so he gives us guidelines in order to accomplish eternal happiness

Have a great week,
Love,

Elder Peacock


Jake and Elder Marler


Dude...what?
Selfie of Jake's district
Elder Huaman taking a Selfie of the district

Jake and Elder Huaman



No comments:

Post a Comment