Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Week #6 ....Pray Always, If you need something pray- grateful prayer, happy prayer, sad prayer....just pray!

Family and friends,
Hola from El Jocotillo Guatemala!


This place is nuts 100 percent dirt roads and not a white guy within 50 miles of me. My comp is Elder Huaman from Peru, (womahn). He knows 0 English and is 5 ft. tall. He talks insanely quick and I can never understand him. The last week in the CCM was awesome but leaving sucked I left so many great friends and missionaries. These Elders are going to change lives. We had a 45 min bus ride to the mission home where we meet our trainers. I meet president Markhamn and his wife, I love them already, and they are so cool. Then after that we met with our district, myself and my comp, two sisters, and another comp with elder Marler. I’m so happy that Marler is in my district because we are both way freaking confused. We are in different areas though 45 minutes apart. Jocotill is all dirt roads in the mountains by El Salvador. I kid you I feel like I maybe the first white person these people have ever seen. Little kids come and touch my skin and look at my eyes. It’s amazing to see their reaction. The people are nice I think. They call us conches. (That is like white boy.) They laugh anytime I say something so that make me feel stupid, but I laugh along. My companion is different. Our house is bigger than usual missionary homes because on Sunday it also doubles as the Church. I haven’t had church yet but I’m sure it will be cool. Everybody knows the missionaries but most of them yell so I think that means they don’t like us. The house has the biggest bugs you have ever seen – Cockroaches, Spiders, Rats, you name it hahaha - so gross. My bed is just a matress with no sheets or blankets, so mom I might need that. There are a bunch of pineapples here. You ask where someone works they say piñas. That’s all I usually get out of our meetings is that they work with piñas. If you don’t mind I’d love if you keep me in your prayers because I need so much help with Spanish.

Spiritual thought - The book of Enos, president challenged us to read it everyday for 30 days. It’s an awesome book (only 27 verses). And it’s about Enos praying in faith and receiving the things he needs due to his immoveable faith in God. I think this applicable to everyone, pray always, if you need something pray, grateful prayer, happy prayer sad prayer. Through Faith is the only way we can progress. I know this with all my heart, and even when its pouring rain and I haven’t understood a thing in a week, I know to pray and give thanks and ask for strength.

Love you all so much and I hope you the best this week.
Elder Peacock

Two districts that left the CCM at the same time!

Elder Norting, Jakes 1st companion

Jake's District

Jimmy and Jake, They grew up together in Herriman and were able to spend 3 weeks in the CCM together.

Jake somewhere is Guatemala!

His new living arrangements - El Jocotillo 



No comments:

Post a Comment