Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week 1 ...I am Here and I am so excited!!!

What a freaking great week!!

We arrived at the airport on Tuesday and the most important thing is we meet André Iguadala so that was sick, our flight got delayed so we ended up having to spend the next day at the Provo MTC. We got to the Provo MTC at approx.3 am. So we were all way dang tired. There were 13 of us in this group so 6 were in one room 6 in another and me all by my lonesome in a room with 6 elder who spoke Japanese only. Fantastic haha. I saw Elder Davis and Elder Selman in Provo that that was a good time. And I saw a bunch of other elders that I knew from Herriman and Corner so Provo was awesome. The next day we got on trax at 5 pm and headed to SLC airport. We finally caught our plane to LAX and then proceeded to get on our flight from LAX to Guatemala. That was a long day, we were traveling for 18 hour by plane bus and train. As we approached the great country of Guatemala we hear the pilot come on and say that it was too stormy to land in Guatemala city so we landed in El Salvador and we waited on the same stupid plane for 5 hours and I was in the middle of two old Guatemalan women that slept on my shoulders the entire ride haha. So that delay sucked we weren’t allowed off the plane because that is against the law apparently. We finally got to the CCM at 1 pm on Thursday. The kids in my district are all super sick. My comps name is E. O. he is from Tennessee and has a way thick southern accent. It’s hard to understand him. I do most of the work with preparing lessons and I just tell him what to say and when to say it because he is kind of clueless. I am by far the tallest person in the CCM and everyone plays futbol but me..... But its alright because I kick there buts at basketball. My comp has already talked to the president everyday so I think something is way wrong but its the worst because I always have to be with him so while the other kids are learning Española I sit in the lobby and read preach my gospel. I’ve already read it 4 times that is how long these meetings take. The temple is right across the street and it is so pretty. We did the session in Spanish and it was way hard but way spiritual. I am picking up Spanish quickly and I have the first vision baptismal invitation and the missionary purpose in Español. All the Latinos love me because they think I talk funny and they want to be on my basketball team. They are honestly the nicest people ever and they are way fast. I love it here! Ill be honest the food is gross and we spend as much time in the bano as we do in the cafeteria. I know the church is true and I know that everything is possible with God.  Until next week!

Love Elder Peacock

PS. Elder Fishers alarm clock we off in the airport and everyone thought it was a bomb so we had to go back through TSA  hahahaha I seriously cried, it was so funny.

PPS sorry I keep forgetting things but hurricane Earl is hitting us and I have never seen more rain in my life. The rain hurts so bad but it is so cool and pretty here.

I have more time so I will write some more. We only have an hour so I made sure I replied to everyone. So like I said the Latinos are cool but the Latino teachers are the scariest people I have ever meet. This one teacher named Hermono Garcia is like 5 ft and he doesn’t blink or smile. Its nuts, although I told him a joke and it made him laugh. So apparently there is no sarcasm in Guatemala so knowing me I am having a hard time with jokes because I unusually rely on sarcasm to get me through so only the white kids think I am funny and the Latinos don’t get it but they laugh anyway.  Btw its so weird I will be writing English in my journal and I slip into Español and start writing Spanish it is the weirdest thing. I’ve learned more in 1 week than I did in 3 years in school so that’s awesome. There is a kid who has been here for 3 weeks and he is from Cali and his name is Elder Peacock too so we are buds. I will send picture as soon as I’m aloud to in the field but none in the CCM but maybe I will try to send some pictures later on my camera see if it works. but if not i will talk to you guys next week. I love you guys so much. don’t worry about me because I am having the time of my life here honestly the most fun of all time. The bread is so good here but we eat beans and scrambled eggs and its soooooooooooooooooo nasty. I’ve gotten to know stall 4 on the second floor pretty good though hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment